Reacinspectors.Org Forum Index Reacinspectors.Org
The Community of REAC Inspections Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REAC AMP Inspection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reacinspectors.Org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FPCOLLINS
Inspector

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: REAC AMP Inspection Reply with quote

Beginning with PHA fiscal years ending on JUNE 30 2008 and after,REAC PASS will conduct inspections on the basis of PHA AMPS.....This upcoming Auction will be the first under this system ..so inspections could include more than one complex..look before you bid...
Gizmo
Inspector

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What upcoming auction? Nothing is posted yet.
MjInspectsNC
Inspector

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Exactly Reply with quote

Is there any "inside" information that you are privy too?

No word on the Reverse Auction Site at hud.gov/reac.

Gizmo, myself, and others would love to know when a 'real' auction is going to happen! The people who bid this last "joke-of-an-auction" down to bare-bones are more than likely scheduled up.

I am in dire straits!!! We are anxious.. so, if you heard anything, please share!
Gizmo
Inspector

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that I have heard is that it probably WON'T be this weekend due to the holiday. Maybe on July 19. Let's see - I have already lost 5 weeks of work this year. Adding one more week would make it 6 weeks.

And, I have had 3 inspections cancelled by REAC because the QAs are now doing below 60s. So, add another loss. And, then, I had some cancelled because they were in a previous auction and had already been done. So, add another loss.

If I weren't ancient in the business world, I would go get another job!!!

And clients are calling asking when their properties will be scheduled--aren't happy as their employees can't schedule vacation, can't get ready for a particular date, etc., etc. And, the clients are getting fussier about accepting suggested dates and times--can't blame them. So, this whole delayed auction thing is snowballing into massive migraine headaches for everyone.
MjInspectsNC
Inspector

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Snowballing is an accurate analogy Reply with quote

Properties, but having their inspections delayed, will get complacent, once again.

There haven't been a set of PHA inspections on this fiscal year funding cycle yet, and we are into July!!!!

Funding of PHA and Section 8's have many components to them, with the inspections being a big part of them. With no section 8 or PHA inspections going on (only 1400 properties on the last auction), then how can they get their funding (on time)?

Somebody up there has to get their $h*t straight and SOON. Inspectors are dropping off left and right and they will then be relying on "green inspectors" with not enough experience to do them and they will get crap for results.. take a look at the last auction results... I saw a lot of new names.. I truly hope they can get their inspections done with their prices and gas at over 4.00 a gallon in most states!

I know I come across as a whiner, but a lot is riding on the inspections, and not just income for the 200 or so inspectors that (actively) do inspections.

I know X will say it has always been that way, but I haven't lost (complete) faith in OUR government.... YET..

all I know is... delivering pizzas SUX!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reacinspectors.Org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: